You've got a home under contract, and you're ready to have it inspected. It's one of the major milestones, and possibly one of the most important steps in your journey to home ownership. So...now what?
Ask your home inspector these questions before hiring them:
1. What are your qualifications? Are you a member of the American
Association of Home Inspectors?
2. Do you have a current license? Inspectors are not required to be
licensed in every state.
3. How many inspections of properties such as this do you do each
4. Do you have a list of past clients I can contact?
5. Do you carry professional errors and omission insurance? May I
have a copy of the policy?
6. Do you provide any guarantees of your work?
7. What specifically will the